Fall is coming and that means pumpkin everything, colorful leaves, and most importantly Halloween. Of course this post isn’t about our favorite things, it’s about getting your pooch ready for Fall. Yes, dogs need to get ready for fall too just as much as we do.
There are several things you can before the official start of Fall to make sure your pet is ready for colder weather.
1. Groom Your Dog: Fall season is tick season. Make sure your pet is groomed and has plenty of tick medication to fight those nasty little buggers.
2. Clean or Upgrade their Bed: Make sure their bed is cleaned and fluffed. Get them a fleece blanket to stay nice and cozy at night or for their midday nap.
3. Make Fall Inspired Dog Treats: Get those pumpkin dog treat recipes out! Remember, no one can judge you because it’s finally that time of the year. Check out this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Puppuccinos!
4. Walk, Don’t Run: Cooler days are the perfect time to go for a walk to see the changing leaves. Make a pile for your dog to jump in while using this opportunity for a photo op.
5. Halloween: Oh man! Time to get the perfect costume for trick or treating. The cuter the outfit, the better the treats.
With these simple tips, your dog will be ready for Fall in no time.