One of our favorite days of the year. It’s National Puppy Day!! How exciting is that?! Who doesn’t love puppies? Of course at Ruffgers, we wholeheartedly adore them. I mean, our business is about puppies or big puppies (aka dogs).
Here is a great list of things to do for your puppy or puppies in your community courtesy of National Puppy Day.
1. Buy your puppy a fun, new puppy toy.
2. Give your puppy some fun exercise by taking him or her to puppy daycare (available at Ruffgers Bonita & Naples!).
3. Brush your puppy to eliminate excess fur.
4. Give your puppy a massage or holistic spa treatment.
5. Get your puppy some leash training lessons (available at Ruffgers Naples!).
6. Buy your puppy a comfy new bed.
7. Take your puppy to an elderly community and spread some love.
8. Donate money, food, and toys to your local shelter.
9. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their puppy.
10. Have a puppy party and invite all your friends and their puppies!
Of course, the best way to celebrate today is to adopt a puppy from your local shelter, rescue or pure breed rescue organization. National Puppy Day was not just created to celebrate all the good that puppies bring to our lives, but to also raise awareness about puppy mills that still exist today. So celebrate your puppies, but also remember to advocate for those puppies who know no love or comfort.