Who said Memorial Day weekend can only be celebrated by people? There’s no better way to spend your Memorial Day then with your loving canines. Here are several ways to have fun with your dog while reminiscing on those who have risked their lives to protect our country.
1.Take your dog to his or her favorite park. Come prepared with some ice water since it’s going to be hot out.
2. Set aside some time to give back. Let your dog be a blessing to the sick and elderly through animal-assisted activities. Who knows, maybe you’ll get the chance to interact with a veteran.
3. Teach your dog a new trick. Whether it’s to sit, lay down, or shake your hand; your dog will be so happy to learn something new from you. In the future, every time you tell your dog to do that trick, you’ll think of when you taught it to them on Memorial Day.
4. Go for a drive with the windows down. Bring your dog along and let them stick their head out of the window and admire all the Memorial Day flags.
5. Try out a new running route or trail. Go to that beautiful nature trail all of your friends have been talking about. Put an American flag bandana on your fluffy friend and let them show off their Memorial Day pride to fellow dogs and pedestrians.
6. Have a Memorial Day pool party for all of your friends and their dogs. Get some red, white, and blue dog bones and blend up some drinks for your friends. Add red or blue food coloring to pre-made sugar cookie dough to have patriotic cookies.
With these helpful tips, you’ll be sure to have the best Memorial Day with your loved ones and furry friends. However, don’t let the hustle and bustle of Memorial Day take away from the actual significance of this special holiday. Recognize those who have served and protected our country, and stay safe.